Traveling by high-speed train to Maastricht?
Maastricht is not served directly by one of the high speed trains in Europe.
Please find below some information how to get (by train) to Maastricht if you travel on one of the following
Eurostar: from the UK (London) to Brussels South (Midi), then onwards to Liège-Guilemins
TGV: from Paris to Brussels South (Midi), then onwards to Liège-Guilemins
ICE: from Frankfurt to Brussels, exit train at Liège-Guilemins
If you arrive by plane on Schiphol (Amsterdam) airport, please have a look at this page for train details.
When you arrive on any of the other airports mentioned below, then follow the instructions as indicated.
Tickets for the high-speed trains can be purchased through the websites as indicated. All sites have a button
to select the English version of the website. Tickets for high-speed trains can be purchased three months in
advance and the earlier you book the better discount you may get, or consult your travel agency.
From Paris (Charles-de-Gaulle)
See: https://www.sncf.com/en then departure (from):
'Aéroport Charles de Gaulle 2 TGV' and destination: 'Liege-Guil’.
It looks like there is no direct connection, you have to change trains in Brussels-Midi (South) station and
depending on the departure time once more in Angleur. Duration of the trip 3 hours 30 mins. Cost: 2nd class
as of €75 price 1st class as of €118 (prices will vary)
Exit in Liège, from here take the local train to Maastricht. Ticket for this train (€7.30 each) can be purchased
at the ticket counter at ground level below platform 1.
Trains depart 40 minutes past the hour, trip will take 33 minutes.
Take the ICE from the Frankfurt airport in the direction of Brussels, but purchase a ticket to Liège-
See: https://www.bahn.com/en departure: 'Frankfurt (M) Flughafen' (or when departing from Frankfurt main
railway station: 'Frankfurt (Main) Hbf' and destination 'Liège-Guillemins'.
Depending on the departure time you may have 0, 1 or 2 changes of train. The xx:24 are the only direct
connections (travel time 2H01m). The trip will cost from €82.70
From here take the local train to Maastricht. Ticket for this train (€7.30 each) can be purchased at the ticket
counter at ground level below platform 1.
Trains depart 40 minutes past the hour.
There is no direct service to Liège-Guilemins in Belgium. Instead, obtain a Eurostar ticket from London to
Brussels-South/Midi on: http://www.eurostar.com/uk-en then obtain a ticket from Brussels to Maastricht (see
below). Your travel agent will be able to help you purchasing these tickets. There are 10 trains per day at
various departure times. Basic cost as of: £74.
Brussels to Maastricht:
Unfortunately there is no direct connection (anymore) from Brussels to Maastricht.
You need to change trains at Liège-Guilemins.
See https://www.belgiantrain.be/en/ for the schedule. At the left of the screen enter From: Brussels-Midi to:
Maastricht. To purchase a ticket (up to 1 month in advance), return to time main screen and select “Buy a
This train will depart at xx:27 or xx:28 (depending on the hour) from Brussels South/Midi platform 7 or 8.
In Liège-Guilemins you have 9 minutes to take the train to Maastricht.
Always verify the correct platform!.
The trip will cost €23:10 2nd class, or €35.90 first class (price may vary based on seat availability).
Total travel time 1 hour 46 minutes.
- Previous items 2022 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht 2022
- Previous items 2022 Jan-Jun
- Previous items 2021 Jul - Dec
- Previous items 2021 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2020 Jul - Dec
- Previous items 2020 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2019 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht 2019
- Previous items 2019 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2018 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht 2018
- Previous items 2018 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2017 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht 2017
- Previous items 2017 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2016 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht 2016
- Previous items 2016 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2015 Jul - Dec
- 2015 Jul - Dec, Index
- Rieu entertainment
- Dec. 2015, Bild Star Magazine part 4
- Dec. 2015, Bild Star Magazine part 3
- Dec. 2015, Bild Star Magazine part 2
- Dec. 2015, Bild Star Magazine part 1
- Nov. 17th, 2015, RTL Boulevard
- Nov. 12th, Shownieuws
- Nov. 16th, Loose Women
- Oct. 30th, Colectiv Club Fire, Bucharest
- Roman Holiday (3)
- Roman Holiday (2)
- Roman Holiday (1)
- Oct. 26th, Classic FM Q&A
- Oct. 23rd, MDR at 4 PM
- Oct. 10th, Jubilee Award
- Sep. 19th, 2015, Carmen Nebel
- Maastricht 2015
- Previous items 2015 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2014 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht 2014
- Maastricht 2014, The Preparations
- Maastricht 2014, (Dress) Rehearsal
- Maastricht 2014, The Concerts
- Maastricht 2014, Fan Dinner
- Maastricht 2014, Three Fan Picnics
- Maastricht 2014, Lift-Off
- Maastricht 2014, Exhibition Marc Rieu
- Maastricht 2014, Our Story Page 1
- Maastricht 2014, Our Story Page 2
- Maastricht 2014, Venetian Carnival, the making of
- Previous items 2014 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2013 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht 2013
- Previous items 2013 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2012 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht concert 2012
- Previous items 2012 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2011 Jul - Dec
- Maastricht 2011
- Previous items 2011 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2010 Jul - Dec
- Previous items 2010 Jan - Jun
- Previous items 2009
- Previous items 2008
- Previous items 2007